MUSIC DEPARTMENT FITTING DAYS — August 2015
Hello Freshman Parents and welcome to Music Department Fitting Days 2015 - 2016!!!
We know there is a lot of information for you to absorb, so please feel free to ask questions by email to Kim at email@example.com, Stacey at Northstarsmachingband@gmail.com or Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org We will do our best to respond to you prior to the first night of Music Department fitting days to put your minds at ease. We are here to help soften the blow! Click here for a Fitting Days FAQ.
August 10-13th from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm and August 19th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. The final day is only “if needed,” please try to make it during the first week of camp.
Choir & Orchestra
August 11-13 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm and August 19th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Again, the final day is only “if needed,” please try to make it during the first week of camp.
During Band Camp we measure and fit all of the kids for their St Charles North Concert Wear (Boys and Girls) which includes Concert Dress for all music programs (Band, Choir, Orchestra) except Jazz Band and Vocal Jazz (attire will be addressed later with directors).
The attire for concerts is as follows:
- Black North High School Concert gown (fit and purchase at fitting days) $60.00
- Black closed toe shoes (purchase on own)
- Black hose (purchase on own)
- Black Tux Pants (fit and purchase at fitting days) $30.00
- Black Tux Jacket (fit and purchase at fitting days) $58.00
- White Tux Shirt (fit and purchase at fitting days) $17.00
- Tuxedo Buttons (purchase at fitting days) $5.00
- Bow Tie (purchase at fitting days) $5.00
- Black Socks (purchase on own)
**Alterations are the responsibility of the students.
Marching Band Uniforms
Marching Band Uniform fitting is also performed at this time. Students will need the following items which we will provide during fitting days:
- Shoes (fit and purchase at fitting days) $25.00
- Gloves $3.00
- Cap $10.00* price estimated
- Track Jacket $35.00* price estimated
We also have flip folders, single pages and lyres for sale from Quinlan and Fabish during fitting days for those who need these items for marching band. Prices are usually less at this venue than purchasing on your own at a local music store, and range from $5.00 - $10.00, depending on what is needed. Cash is preferred for these items since they are purchased during band camp.
We do have a limited amount of gently used concert wear available and will sell these items at a considerable discount on a first come, first serve basis. Checks for these items are made out separately to Friends of Music.
Wondering how you can help? What can you do?
We are also looking for volunteers to help on August 10, 11, 12, 13 and August 19th (if final fitting day is needed) during band camp and would like to know if you are available to help one of, or several of, the days? If you are not available, can you send in snacks, food or water for the volunteers who will be coming right after work and won’t have a chance to eat dinner? Here is the list of areas where we need help:
- Concert Wear – Assist with measuring and fitting the kids, marking the selections on the order form.
- Fittings & Sewing - Help w/uniform fitting. Can you sew? It’s really just tacking a hem...WE REALLY NEED YOU HERE!!
- Rain Coats - Help size and number the rain coats.
- Hats - Help size and number the hats.
- Check-in - Handing out forms, having kids completely fill them out and keeping track of who has been through the area to be fitted.
- Checkout/Data Entry – Checking out kids who are finished with their fittings, administrative work, excel work.
- Shoe Sizing – Helping size shoes for students who are new or need to replace their marching band shoes.
- Spirit Wear Table - Selling spirit wear.
- Volunteers Table - Explain volunteer opportunity to parents and recruit new volunteers to help at Friends of Music events (worksheets are supplied for volunteers to sign up).
- Food Donations – Can’t be there due to other obligations? Send in snacks, food, or water for the volunteers who have come from work to the fitting days. Thanks!