Hello to all St. Charles North music families, and welcome to the 2014-2015 school year! There is a lot going on in the Music Department, and Friends of Music is working hard to help support all of the activities that are happening.
For those of you new to North High School, Friends of Music is the parent support organization for the Music Department at St. Charles North High School. We support all music activities and ensembles, from Marching Band in the fall, to the Veteran’s Concert, Constellation Concert in December, New York Voices in the spring, the Spring Gala, and the Jazz Showcase in May. Besides helping organize parent volunteers, we provide support for all ensembles in a number of areas. Here is a brief list of some of the things Friends of Music has provided:
- Fund clinicians to work with different groups
- Fund drill writing for Marching Band
- Purchased new wireless mics for Vocal Jazz Ensembles in 2013
- Purchased new sound board for the music department
- Provide flowers for all graduating seniors
- Fund replacement parts for marching band uniforms
None of this would be possible without the support of parent volunteers. We depend heavily on help from all parents of music students to help support the activities of all music students. If you are volunteering, thank you so much for your support! If you aren’t, please consider donating some of your time to support your child and the others involved in music. How can you get involved? There are a number of ways:
- Sign up for an event at Fitting Days (August 11-14 and August 20)
- Go online to scnmusic.com and click on Volunteers
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’d be happy to route you to the right person
The Friends of Music Board is a group of volunteers that helps to drive support of all activities. The 2014-2015 Friends of Music Board is as follows:
- Andy Rollins, President – email@example.com
- Cait Flones, Vice President – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl Stutesman, Treasurer – email@example.com
- Craig Taylor, Finance Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molly Bolz, Secretary – email@example.com
- Andy Montgomery, Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
The board and I are very interested in receiving your feedback on how things are going, what is working and more importantly what isn’t. Feel free to contact any of us with your comments, questions, and suggestions.
Thanks, and I hope you all had a wonderful summer. Looking forward to an exciting year of concerts and activities at St. Charles North!