Welcome to all St. Charles North Music Parents!!
There is a lot going on in the Music Department for the 2015-2016 school year, and Friends of Music is working hard to help support all of the activities that are happening.
For those of you new to North High School, Friends of Music is the parent support organization for the Music Department at St. Charles North High School. We support all music activities and ensembles, from Marching Band in the fall, to the Veteran’s Concert, Constellation Concert in December, New York Voices in the spring, the Spring Gala, and the Jazz Showcase in May. Besides helping organize parent volunteers, we provide support for all ensembles in a number of areas. Here is a brief list of some of the things Friends of Music has provided:
- Fund clinicians to work with different music groups
- Purchased new wireless mics for Vocal Jazz Ensembles in 2013
- Purchased new music sorting system for choir groups
- Purchased new sound board for the music department
- Scholarships to attend summer music camps for band, orchestra, and jazz students
- Provide flowers for all graduating seniors
- Fund replacement parts for marching band uniforms
None of this would be possible without the support of parent volunteers. If you are volunteering, thank you so much for your support! If you aren’t, please consider donating some of your time to support your child and the others involved in music.
How can you get involved? There are a number of ways:
- Sign up for an event at Fitting Days (August 10-13 and August 18) – we are still in need of several people who can help with sewing on Tuesday and Wednesday (8/11 & 8/12). This is not difficult, basically just tacking a hem. We are also in need of a few people on Tuesday and Wednesday to help with uniform fitting, basically helping to find uniforms to fit the students. Please send an email to email@example.com to volunteer.
- Go online to scnmusic.com and click on Volunteers.
- Watch for updates and requests to come along throughout the year. Some requests are for short (1 day) events and some requests are for longer time frames. We would like to ask all parents to consider what your talents are and to find something that speaks to your heart. There are parents who are capable of so many different tasks, and we have a spot that would fit just about everyone. Please consider donating your time to make this year the best one ever. Thank you in advance for your willingness to step up and help the SCN music program become even better!
The Friends of Music Board is a group of volunteers that help drive support of all activities. The 2015-2016 Friends of Music Board is as follows:
- Cait Flones, President – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Hoeferle, Vice President – email@example.com
- Cheryl Stutesman, Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Taylor, Finance Chair – email@example.com
- Molly Bolz, Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
- OPEN POSITION, Communications –
The board and I are very interested in receiving your feedback on how things are going, what is working and more importantly what isn’t. Feel free to contact any of us with your comments, questions, and suggestions. You will be receiving communications from the Friends of Music. I ask that you check to see if you are receiving these emails. If you have been getting the emails, there is nothing you need to do. If you have not been receiving FoM emails, please send your email address to email@example.com. Please, also, notify us if you have an additional email address that you would like to have information sent to.
Thanks, and I hope you all had a wonderful summer. We are looking forward to an exciting year of concerts and activities at St. Charles North!
President, Friends of Music
Communications Board Position Open
Are you a person who has the knowledge to update a website and other web related programs? The Board is looking for someone who can help with us communicate with parents about the events coming up in the school year. Please contact Cait Flones (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested to help us out.
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- Football Games: August 28, September 11, September 25, October 9, October 23
- Music Department Fitting Days: August 10 – 13 and August 18 (if needed)
- Also consult the Music Department Calendar
Parents of Freshman Students!
At your child’s first concert, there will be a 15 minute presentation by the teachers and Friends of Music at the conclusion of the concert. While your child is packing up, you will be receiving important information about the music program and how the Friends of Music supports all the students in the different musical groups throughout the year. You will also have the opportunity to find ways to become involved with Friends of Music and its different support activities.
Please mark your calendar for these dates: November 9 – band, November 12 – orchestra & choir.